Why become a member of
By becoming a member you can help to support the school and influence its development and policies.
The Governing Body and school leadership team will meet regularly with a Forum representing the co-operative members.
The Forum will be consulted about a range of school issues and will have a significant and valued input into the future development of Cotham Gardens Primary.
The Forum representatives are elected by Co-operative members. Being a Co-operative member gives you a voice at the Forum. Members may also get involved by becoming Forum reps themselves.
You may become a member of the
Co-operative if you are:
* a parent or carer of a child currently attending the school - A Parent Member
* working at the school - A Staff Member
* a former pupil - An Alumni Member
* living or working within 1 mile of the school - A Community Member
Membership is subject to ratification by the Governing Body and, by applying to be a member you make the following declarations:
- I declare that I agree with and support the co-operative values and principles of Cotham Gardens Primary School.
- I declare that I give permission for my personal information to be held and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- I declare that I give permission for my contact details to be used for communication regarding Cotham Gardens Primary School and related activities.
Please complete the required information to make your application.
What is a Co-operative Academy?
The Co-operative Academy model was developed for schools who wanted to pursue academy status in view of the additional freedoms and funding available, whilst maintaining the ownership of the school by local people and the school community.
We have an ethos based on our globally shared co-operative values, and on the engagement of pupils, parents, staff and the local community in governance through membership of our Co-operative.
We share ideas with other co-operative schools through the Schools Co-operative Society.